Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tangled ( For Meredith, Shirley, Margo and all who feel this so acutely )

Middle of day, middle of night Darkness set hours ago The gray matter within the head It will not slow

On and on thoughts wind around Like a web so dense Attaching itself firmly To the mind's ground

Silently scream, can't anyone hear? The gray matter, it stills not Adheres to the tangled web Anxiety, Fear

Will the mind ever still? Or go on On into darkness Entangled in screams

No one cares to hear From their busy day or slumber Sound, peaceful Dreams Oh What Is That Like?

Tangled gray matter The thoughts adhered firmly there There is not time to rest it Thoughts of this mess Anxiety, Fear

Was days not so long ago All was black and white Now to be turned to thoughts Blood Red In Darkness alone, Twilight

You see I fear not Darkness It I Truly Love Darkness covers my inward screaming In the gray matter, web of trouble, confusion of Life

Has been years now Since quiet overtook Then was simple to glide by A most Tranquil Brook

Years have made a nest Of disturbance in my Soul Weaving round and round Burning like hot, fiery coal

Quiet, be quiet it screams From within No one cares of your tangled gray matter As out of control it spins

Head up, just smile No one will be the wiser

They don’t want to see The tangled mass in your mind Where is compassion, and thoughtful Just a kind word, just a loving hand

Pain in the tangled web of gray matter As real, more real Than the aches, complained about daily

Now I feel my own Compassion, sympathy and more Why shall I bother the gray matter with “it” anymore? I know now, I must take care of my own Leave “it” to endure, alone!

Just that the gray matter, that haunts me,Anxiety, Fear Cannot be seen, so real the Pain No bandage to help, no pill to swallow To get relief, None!

Nothing to see to bandage In the gray matter of tangled mass So must surely be These dark days, Dear God don’t let them last and last

But on and on, it races and hooks To the thorns of the gray matter Please let this pain within the mind stop God Please help me stop the stressful unending chatter

Let the people around me see I can’t take on their problems too I will put on the full armor of God So Lord now, it’s just me and You
If You can hold back an ocean With just one small shore I know you can help me over this mountain Lord And so very much more
So I will do my best To give it all to You I know the gray matter will still feel tangled Until You make things happy again, and oh so peaceful too.

©Dana Price

No comments: