Monday, December 17, 2012

She Wants To Come Out And Play
~
"I want to come out and play today"
She asked me once again
"I want to come out and play today
Before the Sun comes to an end"
~
"I know you want me to be safe in here
I know you want no more hurt for me
But I want to come out and play today
You've hidden me for so long you see"
~
"I want to come out and play today
You promised me I wouldn't get hurt again
So I want to come out and play today
You promised me way back when"
~
" I want to come out and play today"
Her words ring in my ears, moment by moment
Is it really safe for her out here?
I have to wonder and I lament
~
I did say she could one day
Come out in the Sunlight and run and play
Now many years have passed
Do I dare let her come out to stay?
~
She was hurt so much, many times ago
I built her a place where only she and I know
Of Butterflies, and Fairies, Fantasy and Peace
Is it time now, do I dare let her go
~
She wishes for the Sunlight and warmth
To touch her little face
But can I protect her still
If I take her from this place
~
She tires so of living in the body of an adult
Maybe we will talk about it she and me
She cries to get out, to frolic and play
This small inner child, who in reality is Me!

© Dana Price

2 comments:

Lucy Martins said...

The child within, times missed, beautifully penned luv <3

Ravin714 said...

Thank you hon... Yes one must allow that inner child to touch them... It's healing.